Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Questions

The number one thing that stays on my mind constantly is , "God, what is my true passion in life?"

That questions stays on my mind often because I constantly think about where I'm at in my life and where I should be or want to be. As if there is a timeline. I don't want to waste any more time on futile things that lead nowhere... or more importantly, do not lead me back to Jesus and losing focus on Him and His will for my life.

I realize that life is short. There is an urgency that is implanted deep within me to not waste my life. To rid myself of things that I do not need to involve myself with or focus on. I meditate often on growth.

Have I really grown in my Christian walk, or am I just going through the motions? When people look at me, can they tell that something is different about me, or am I just like every other "hypocritic Christian." I know I'm not perfect, but I do think how I portray myself to the rest of the world in regards to walking the walk and talking the talk.

Do I really stand behind my beliefs or do I make God a liar with my actions and words? Do I stand up for people who can't stand up for themselves? Do I really care about the poor more than my own pocketbook?

These are questions that I think about. I think Christians hear the words of the Bible, but we often fail at application because we aren't perfect, we fear, we lack trust in God sometimes, we have sin struggles, etc. We are at different levels of spiritual maturity and this Christian life is challenging.

It challenges you to look deep within yourself. At things we often would rather not discuss because that would mean we would actually have to work on that issue. Sometimes, I tell God, I can't live this Christian life. It's too hard. Then I realize I do too many things on my own strength instead of looking to God or asking God for help in areas of my life that seem impossible.

It is all about God and glorifiying Him with everything that is within me. To stay the course no matter what happens in life. To remember the people in the Bible and their struggles and how some of them were obedient and followed Christ regardless of circumstance.

That is how I want to be. A follower of Jesus no matter what is going on in my life or happens along the way. That is my prayer and may Jesus give the strength and endurance to do so.

No comments: