Friday, March 20, 2009

Lead me

Father God,

I have thought and thought about a life long career and what I'm really passionate about, but I'm still not sure. I'm soon to be 29 years old on May 17th. I don't want to waste time and this life that You have given me. I know I haven't always made the best use of my time, but I do realize that my life is a vapor as Your Word says. I want to make the best of my time here before I pass away and return to You. I want You to be proud of Your daughter and I want to make a difference and really live for You. I know it takes discipline, endurance, and strength. I know I lack motivation, drive, and a desire right now because I feel disconnected from Your church. Forgive me for being self-centered and self-focused. How many times will I have to repent for following after false idols?

Father, lead me into the direction You would have me to go. Father, give me clear insight, wisdom, and discernment as to what it is You would have me to do. I need clarity as to what I need to do. Should I go to college and take classes? What should I pursue in school if I do go? Show me where my true passion lies, and give me the motivation and drive to go after it. I need a clear answer from the Lord because I don't want to waste my time here like I already have. I know that life is temporal, and Your Word stands forever. I want to please You and not focus on worldly things, but spiritual and heavenly things that do not pass away.
There are so many things that I want to do, but I want to pursue the path that is within Your Will and will glorify You, and not myself.

Forgive me for not seeking You when I need to run to You and have ran towards worldly things that never satisfy. Thank you for Your love, grace, mercy, and undying patience which I don't fully comprehend.

You daughter,
Shanna Leanne

1 comment:

Judith said...

Thanks Shanna. I prayed some of that prayer also. I really need to seek God about my situation and listen for an answer. I need to put my stubborness aside and find out what he wants me to do.